Our treatment of client personal information complies with the conditions of the General Data Protection Regulations and of the Data Protection Act 2018.
Fitter For Life may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You might wish to check this statement from time to time to ensure that you are happy with our current policy. We will notify any policy changes in our Newsletter. This policy is effective from 06 April 2021.
What Information do we collect?
We may collect the following information:
- Your name
- Contact information including email address, postcode, postal address and telephone number
- Elements of your medical history as they relate to our services
- Personal information such as activity aims and preferences and personal interests
- Other information relevant to client surveys and/or client offers
if you are concerned about financial data security.
What we do with the information we gather?
We require this information to understand your aims, needs and to guide you in providing our services, particularly for the following reasons:
- To help you make the best use of the opportunities Fitter For Life provides to increase your health and overall wellbeing
- Record keeping – for client activities and progression, and internal administration
- We may use the information to improve our products and services
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided but the primary use will be to send you our newsletters and information about Fitter For Life events
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes although normally we will do this through a group communication within the Fitter For Life course or social group(s) to which you belong.
- We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail.
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your and other clients’ interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable managerial, physical and electronic procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie does not give us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links To Other Websites
Our website contains links to numerous other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you may provide when visiting such sites and those websites sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statements applicable to the websites in question.
Controlling Your Personal Information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not release or distribute your personal information to third parties unless we are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting provided that you have told us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 2018. If you would like a copy of the information we hold on you please email us at: email@example.com
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, email us as soon as possible, at firstname.lastname@example.org We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.